Responsible home security is important and everything reasonably possible should be done to protect you, your family, and your home however, we don’t need an MG42 to do it with.
In our increasingly dangerous world, nasty things happen sometimes without any warning giving victims little chance to do anything about it and to save themselves from harm.
Our homes are our final refuge, our fortress of solitude, our base of operations therefore, worth all our efforts to ensure to remain safe from the criminal element lurking out there.
Some possible measures, simple steps, we can take to feel safe include the following:
- Paste security-company decals and “Beware of Dog” stickers, where visible to visitors or passersby, even if you don’t have either.
- Always ensure your home appears occupied.
- Use timers connected to room lights and radio to give the appearance that someone is home when you leave it.
- Install adequate external lighting connected to timers.
- Clear all offending vegetation near and around home that could provide cover for burglars.
- Use quality locks that include deadbolts.
- Consider installing an economical close circuit security multiple camera system.
- Lock all doors and windows well when leaving.
- Install an alarm system that includes motion detectors and sound.
- Inventorize all your home assets and valuables and keep this information in a safe place.
- Photograph all your contents, something insurance companies recommend.
- Get a dog to warn you of intruders on grounds.
- Call police immediately if you witness a crime like burglary or home invasion.
This my contribution for WP single word prompt:”SECURITY”.